Round Hill Mansion

 

The Round Hill Mansion was built in 1857 by Henry B. Curtis, who came to Mount Vernon in 1817. A civic leader, lawyer, and developer, Curtis played a notable role in shaping the early history of Mount Vernon and Knox County. His notable accomplishments include starting the bank that became the First-Knox National Bank, aiding Philander Chase in choosing the site of Kenyon College, and bringing railroad service to Knox County. 

© 2019 Knox County Landmarks Foundation

  • Facebook - White Circle